Malawi tank

its got the same body shape as the one on the second pic, but its got a different colour, now... kinda purply blue looking.

Does it look like this pseudotropheus elongatus
I've got one and when the other fish were smaller he was quite the bully of the tank, but now that the others are bigger than him, he's kept well in his place.

thanks for ur help guys, i finally found it - this
but it has faint stripes down its body.

Very Fishy,

While I am sure there are MANY web sites on the net that provide a wealth of information, I think this site were on right now provides excellant information about cichlids!!

I for one attempt to give very reliable answers to questions and if I don't know the answer I will do everything I can to find it, but unlike some site, I don't fake my way through!! If I don't know the answer I simply say "I don't know"

CM

what happened to the peaceful mode? :( i think i can say that cm talks for everyone here in his statement. alot of other forums are so large and try to cover so much that the members get lost. i like the sites where things are on a more personable level like it is here.

the cobalt blue is a zebra. does have very faint stripes on some and not so noticeable on others. the purpley clue coloring is him showing his colors. he is an mbuna also. got to watch that him and the red zebras do not crossbreed. they will do that. also willvie for the attention of the females if you have any of those. fish have a tendency to not be as picky who they mate with. but the aggression is the biggest thing you will have to cope with.

maggie

Very fishy,

I don't know what question you didn't get answered, but to come to this forum and say that is pretty stupid. I know when the peaple on this site do give out great info and they do addmit when they don't know, And to tell ya that I have known CM for over a year and he has helped me with my cichlids and has been there when I have called him at home to get help. I have even bought many cichlids from him and he has went clear out of his way for me when I didn't decerve it, and he always addmits when he doesn't know the answer but he finds the answer for ya. [/B] :)

When it comes to those stupid psedos.. there are so many of them that it's hard to figure out what family they are and with out a pict. you can never tell for sure.With all the crossbreeding happening in LFS and fish farms you might never know what you have.

Man I have said enough and I haven't posted in a long time, I guese I made up for it. :D

cheers,
cichlidmadness

touche cichlidmadness. feel the same about cm that you do. he is a very informative and patient person. trust me he has to be to deal with my goofiness all the time. truth be known he is one of the very few people that i have full respect for. everything i know is cause of him. got to where i am today from listening and learning from him.

maggie

Don't blush CM... Take the praise, thru your good advice, my tanks are flourishing, THREE pairs ( aoulonocara stewargrantii, pseudotropheus (zebra) and yellow labs) are all swimming round with gobfulls...time to buy some breeding tanks... any body in the north west of england want some Malawi babies???

Keep up the good work all the moderators

Kev :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back