Malawi Setup

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Brilliant pics.

:good: Keith.

wow
the last fish is a stunner black with electric blue

do you get lots of breeding in the tank? if so what happens to the young?

Simon

wow
the last fish is a stunner black with electric blue

do you get lots of breeding in the tank? if so what happens to the young?

Simon

Thanks for the comments :) yes alot of breeding. I use to put the fry in a 2ft tank but now i just leave them in the tank, they usually get eaten. 2 have survived in the last 8month.

A couple more :)
DSCN0729.jpg

DSCN0734.jpg

DSCN0790.jpg

DSCN0913.jpg

Great setup! :good:

Is this the Pseudotropheus Neon Spot?

DSCN0728.jpg

I`ve seen them on a specific breeders website and wondered about the possibility of adding one to a list that I`ve pulled together so far, I`m just not sure whether it would be compatible though :unsure:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=2287

i think thats a neon spot, anyway its small and mildly aggressive so should be alright with other mbuna. i use that site alot cant say how accurate it is though.

what a stunning!
you really have a great tank and fishes..

what kind of fish are they? are they used to be on a salted water??

I`ve seen them on a specific breeders website and wondered about the possibility of adding one to a list that I`ve pulled together so far, I`m just not sure whether it would be compatible though :unsure:

Yes its a male Pseudotropheus Neon Spot a beautiful species IMO and relatively peaceful as malawi standards go.

what a stunning!
you really have a great tank and fishes..

what kind of fish are they? are they used to be on a salted water??

Thanks for the comments :).. The fish are African rift valley cichlids from lake malawi and they are fresh water species :good:

Yes its a male Pseudotropheus Neon Spot a beautiful species IMO and relatively peaceful as malawi standards go.

Thanks. I spoke to the breeder that I will be ordering from and he said the same so I've got them on my list for ordering now :good:

How many of the neon spot do you have? :unsure:

WOW!!!

Nice setup, question what rocks are they? where did you get them from?

Most reactions

Back