Making Your Own Fry Foods....

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
I buy my flakes in bulk (5kg at a time)..... then I take a rollerpin and roll out some of it for the fry.... It is basically equivalent to the powderd fry food no.1 when I'm done, but in my opinion,... it's a lot cheaper to do it this way.....(that which fitted in the big tin, ultimately goes into the smaller container after it is rolled out)

Flakes131.jpg


Flakes133.jpg
 
I just crush it between my fingers as I add it to the tank, no extra effort involved.
 
I culture and feed predominately live food to fry Lud
[URL="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=224936"]http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=224936[/URL]
but have used your methods of crushed flakes and granules in the past
Alongside Infusoria/Paramecium for really small fry
Did you ever use hard boiled egg yolk squeezed through a cotton cloth
Regards
BigC

Yep!!.. the old egg yolk thing... wow! brings back memories.... Tends to (extremely) cloud the water though....(but effective)....
 
i just feed them tropical fish mini pellet for fry and they
LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Tends to (extremely) cloud the water though....(but effective)....
Yeah small waterchanges were the order of the day. lol
Regards
BigC
 
Tends to (extremely) cloud the water though....(but effective)....
Yeah small waterchanges were the order of the day. lol
Regards
BigC

I still maintain that nothing beats Artemia (Live Brine Shrimp) to start off a batch of fry... basically only Bettas that really needs infusoria due to their size.....
 
I still maintain that nothing beats Artemia (Live Brine Shrimp) to start off a batch of fry.
That depends on the species in question Lud.
Artemia are too large for some sp of killifish fry which I keep.
Regards
BigC
 
I still maintain that nothing beats Artemia (Live Brine Shrimp) to start off a batch of fry.
That depends on the species in question Lud.
Artemia are too large for some sp of killifish fry which I keep.
Regards
BigC

Which, of course I would've known if only I could hold of KILLIFISH....(Panchax)
 
Which, of course I would've known if only I could hold of KILLIFISH....(Panchax)
Which reminds me to send you some eggs :lol:
ATB Lud
Regards
C
 
Which, of course I would've known if only I could hold of KILLIFISH....(Panchax)
Which reminds me to send you some eggs :lol:
ATB Lud
Regards
C


Which (of course) I will appreciate more than being donated a breeding pair of Choc Gouramies.... uhm!!... no!! now I'm talking rubbish... but, I'll appreciate it extremely.... with a full set of directions of what to do next.....(absolutely no experience for more than 39 years in those) :lol: (maybe marines would be easier)....Ha! Ha!
 
I'll sort something for you, no problems M8
Just trying to ascertain postage times to SA and what species would withstand such a journey.
It's looking like Nothobranchius sp (Annuals) which is blooming ironic as they come from Africa in the first place :lol:
I'll get on to it
Regards
BigC
 
I'll sort something for you, no problems M8
Just trying to ascertain postage times to SA and what species would withstand such a journey.
It's looking like Nothobranchius sp (Annuals) which is blooming ironic as they come from Africa in the first place :lol:
I'll get on to it
Regards
BigC

Just pm me your banking details etc. etc. & I'll settle with a smile....
 
ive noticed that the nutrition values in flakes are higher than that of say liquifry no3, as its a bit more expensive i did wonder if i was paying for the privelidge of having a man in an apron rolling it into crumbs :P
 

Most reactions

Back
Top