Major Fish Die Off

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dorkhedeos

Boss Major
Reaction score
i just had a really weird die off in my tank, but only my betta were effected by it :blink: i had 4 betta, 2 corys, 3 kuhlis, and 2 dwarf frogs in the tank. all 4 of my betta died off in like 1 night. i checked up on them at 2 am in the morning and they were doing fine and it didnt seem like anything was wrong with them. when i got home from school today, all 4 of them were dead and it looked like they have been dead for a long time because they were white and they were all very skinny and their scales were all gone. the strange thing is everything else in the tank was fine. i did a water change last night, but if it were the shock that killed them, im sure the kuhlis wouldve gone first because they are very sensitive compared to betta. anybody have any idea what could have happened?

Very strange. I've had this problem before. Only all of my fish died.

Just some ideas, but the problem might be:
Do you (or did you) have any fry? Some fish might eat fry and become sick (not totally sure).
Did you introduce a new food source in the past few days?
Did you see any strange or erratic behavior prior to the deaths?
Are your other fish acting strange or erratic?

Some things to do. Take your frog out. And add a bit of salt (special salt I believe). And quarantine the tank.

I really don't have a solution, because all of my fish have died. And up until now, I haven't been interested in fish.

Good luck!

there were no fry in there, im feeding them the same stuff, and all my fish were eating and were fine the last time i checked up on them. i brought the fish to my lfs and they just said it was probably some weird fish thing because they had the same problem with their dragon eels

ummm possibly a daft question but worth checking, what gender were all the bettas?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back