MAJOR EMERGENCY -

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

You need to do daily water changes as the food pollutes such small tanks, then you are back to square one, you are going to need a airstone as the med is going to take 02 out of the water, good luck and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, keep us all up to date.

One more question - I already had him on Maracyn 2 - I just looked up in the Mardel insert that septicemia can be treated with M2.

Do I still need to get the tetracycline tabs? It says in here that those would then be used in addition to M2 to ward off secondary infections.

And then coppersafe on top of it all?
Uugh, what to do??

To be honest you stand a better chance with the tetracycline as it is a stronger med,

I'll start the daily changes with tetracycline tomorrow.

One other question - I happen to have an extra bubble bar & pump here, so i just threw that in. He seems to LOVE hanging out just above the bubbles and bites at them. Will that hurt him at all?

I clamped off part of the air so the bubble flow isn't very strong at all.

I think it will be fine he needs it with the meds in, good luck fingers crossed.X.

Yep - if he makes it thru all of this, I'm going to have him send you all a thank you card.

Thanks for your help everyone.
I'll keep ya posted.
He already looks much better, but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

It sounds to me like septicemia. My fish has just recovered from it and here are some other symptoms: Shredded fins, dark red patches around fins and anus, brusing on the face and under the mouth.

To treat my septicemia, I quarantined my fish and dosed it with melafix, changing all the water daily.

Henry

oh, we've already assitaned what the problem is :blink: Probably best to ignore most of my last post.

But yeah melafix and constant water changes worked for me

THANKS everyone for the suggestions and well wishes.
*JASPER UPDATE*
Today is day 6 for Jasper under my care, and here's an update on him:
His color has come back, except on his gills and face.
He no longer darts around the tank, he doesn't swim in circles anymore, he's eating, his fins aren't clamped anymore and he's not resting nearly as much as he used to. yay!

I finished his 5 day dosage of Maracyn 2, then did a 100% water change on Friday (2 days ago) and then started him on a round of Tetracycline. I went out to work both yesterday (did another 100% water change) and today, giving him his daily doses of TC. I also added a bubble bar with a slight bubble drip - he LOVES it. He bobs around in the bubble stream almost all the time. He ate 3 pellets while I was at work today. I hope his progression continues.

Now it's Amos that I have to do some work on. -_-

Bless him glad to hear that, hope he carrys on improving for you.

Yes, he's feeling so very much better.
THANK YOU for helping me to diagnose him
I'd probably still be wondering what was ailing him if you hadn't helped.

Here's a pic of him in his "Feeling better" state:
jasperSwim.jpg

:)

Most reactions

Back