Lump on rasbora!

Cromid

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
157
Points
43
Location
Edinburgh
Hey guys, quick emergency ask - came home from work to find one of my harlequin rasbora to have a very large lump on its side.
Not sure if this is a tumour or what but it’s very very prominent

Hopefully you can see in the photos I’ve attached - did the best I could getting a good photo.

Any ideas what this could be and best course of action to treat?
 

Attachments

  • A149B319-773C-42D1-8FDC-66322B3763EB.webp
    A149B319-773C-42D1-8FDC-66322B3763EB.webp
    150.6 KB · Views: 264
  • C768FDAA-A525-40D7-9BF2-BF20D4EB879F.webp
    C768FDAA-A525-40D7-9BF2-BF20D4EB879F.webp
    213.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 3CD1F6E7-CDE0-496A-A7B1-8DC3424CA39E.webp
    3CD1F6E7-CDE0-496A-A7B1-8DC3424CA39E.webp
    178.8 KB · Views: 217
These might be abit better to see
 

Attachments

  • 1E4DDA33-76CA-4660-AE33-00A968A74510.webp
    1E4DDA33-76CA-4660-AE33-00A968A74510.webp
    177.4 KB · Views: 131
  • D316FE2D-3029-454F-ACC9-A5372996469E.webp
    D316FE2D-3029-454F-ACC9-A5372996469E.webp
    183.9 KB · Views: 166
Huh, that is very weird... Its like something is actually inside of it... Could be a bacterial infection but I can not diagnose this. What is the tank size? How long has the tank been set up? What is the water parameters? The more info we have, the more likely we can solve it
 
Huh, that is very weird... Its like something is actually inside of it... Could be a bacterial infection but I can not diagnose this. What is the tank size? How long has the tank been set up? What is the water parameters? The more info we have, the more likely we can solve it
Yeah I can’t find anything online that even looks closely similar. He’s swimming about perfectly fine and eating too, doesn’t look to be acting any different to normal. The tank has been set up almost a year now, but the fish are over 2years old, and the tanks about 60L. There’s 8 harlequins and a random Lambchop that came with them by mistake, aswell as a Betta and some cherry shrimp. Water parameters I haven’t checked yet actually but will when I get home but temp is set at around 76, water is soft and slightly acidic too.
 
Yeah I can’t find anything online that even looks closely similar. He’s swimming about perfectly fine and eating too, doesn’t look to be acting any different to normal. The tank has been set up almost a year now, but the fish are over 2years old, and the tanks about 60L. There’s 8 harlequins and a random Lambchop that came with them by mistake, aswell as a Betta and some cherry shrimp. Water parameters I haven’t checked yet actually but will when I get home but temp is set at around 76, water is soft and slightly acidic too.
Ok. I hope you are able to get some answers on this. There are a lot of members on here who know way more than me. Just make sure to test your ammonia and nitrite levels
 
One of my new rasboras that I purchased has a similar lump what ended up happening to yours and did you ever figure out what that was?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top