Lump on Angel Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

m0b00st

Reaction score
The other day one of my Angels stopped eating and we noticed some red streaks on his fins, back and mouth. The tank was almost due for its routine water change so we did it and the streaks started going away by the next day and he seemed to be breathing easier. The next day we noticed a bump forming on his head above his eye, and now he is having trouble breathing and staying upright. Any suggestions on treatment? It's hard watching him struggle. [emoji22]

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
f737e4f8d20b787213913731fd53c000.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've already done the right step by doing a water change, but you should do another one.

A 50% water change of conditioned water that is nearly the same temperature as your tank. Make sure you are thoroughly cleaning the substrate so no rotting food/poo is lying about.

Next we need some information from you to help. What are your water parameters?

Nitrates, Nitrites, Ammonia, Ph, and alkalinity?

How long have you had your tank up and running? Have you completely cycled it and it has an established bacteria colony?

How much water do you change when you do your changes and how often do you do them?

What is your tank size and have you made any recent changes to the tank/routine? Added any new fish or plants bought from a petstore tank without treating them? I'm not too sure based on the picture what that lump could be, but by answering my questions those of us on the forum can first figure out what might be causing the stress and then we can advise you on how to fix it. The number one cause of nearly all fish illness is stress.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back