Luc's 4-feet Tank

While you are watching... you can take some pics so we can see the new look. :#
How many have you lost? Do they have any marks or anything?

color me jealous....what are the small fir tree looking plants you have on the rocks? i gotta get me some of that

The plants on rock are some mosses, peacock moss and java moss. :)

I am suspecting three factors causing the death, more than 15 died.

Suspect 1 : The top part of the wood is exposed to the air and it is still wet, there are some white thing growing on it. When I was rescaping the tank this white thing went into the water. This might polute the water and kill the fishes.

Suspect 2: The angel fish is being very aggressive, I saw her killed some red cherry shrimps and hurt 2 puffers.

Suspect 3: Poor water quality as I hardly got time to change water recently.

Suspect 4: I bought some freezed "red worm" for them and it might be contaminated.

I have listed feel factors which might be the cause of the death. I have eliminated the second factor as most of the bodies did not show nipped scar or I should say the fish still look good when they died.

I also want to kick out the forth factor as I use the worm for other tank too and the fishes in other tanks are alright.

I have done WC recently... Still observing... :)

Will post pics too...

I am sorry about all your losses. I hope you locate the problem soon.

I have removed the angel fish and I have shifted some harlequin rasbora from the 2-feet tank to this tank.

The tails of some of the rasbora is nipped by fishes but no decease so far.

Quite busy recently, have no time to do the WC yet. Things should be alright after the WC... :)

I have taken a pic to share, but it doesn't come out good.

Pls bear with the poor quality.

DSCN2255.jpg

Thank you John, I have removed lots of plants and this causes the algae growing lots in the tank.

I have shifted 6 Harlequin from the 2-feet tank into this tank and added 4 neon tetras, that's all I have added in so far.

Ohh yeah, I have added in few red cherry shrimps too.

I still love the cories, they are really cute...

I am letting the plants to grow and wanted to get more plants but not much choices out there recently...

how are the tank going.. its been over a mth since u posted and im interested in hearing whts happening with the tank....

I am quite busy recently due to setting up a new business.

From starting till now I have only done once re-arrangement. I quite like the new look of it.

The problem is the tank is lacking of plants, so it needs to take some time to let the plants grow. In the case of lacking plants causes algae growing lots in the tank. I am bearing with the situation as I know it will go once the tank is stable.

Fishes are alright now. I am planning to remove all the puffers so that I can add in more red cherry shrimps in helping to clear some algae. Now I hardly can see shrimps as they affraid of puffers, and I believe the puffers will attack the shrimps too.

In fact, plants are growing well. Just need some time to get a better look. :)

you have puffers in a community tank?!
Puffers can and well attack everything and they particularly like cherry shrimp. Puffers are really a species tank fish and totally unsuitable for community tank.

The puffers are out of the tank quite some time ago...

I have not been in here for quite some time and this tank is growing well now. Hope I have time to post some update soon. Btw, I have torn down the 2-feet tank already...

The puffers are out of the tank quite some time ago...

I have not been in here for quite some time and this tank is growing well now. Hope I have time to post some update soon. Btw, I have torn down the 2-feet tank already...

Hi Lucius! Long time no see. What happened with the 2-footer?

llj

Hi llj, it has been long time not log in to this forum.

I have seen few of your tanks and they are still look nice as usual. :)

I am getting busy with my work so I think I better keep only the big tank instead of so many tanks. :)

I have just rescaped the tank last night and hope can get some pics to share soon. :)

Take care guys...

Most reactions

Back