Lovely mollies

AlexT

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I saw these stunners in the LFS today. I'm not sure I'll ever keep livebearers again, had too much hassle with disease and deaths with guppies, platies, and mollies. These were not even my very beginner days. I was not a complete novice and was testing water all the time, plus I had naturally hard and alkaline water. Perhaps it was just always dodgy stock from the LFS? But these fish seem so weak to me. This was all about 10 years ago.

But these mollies wow! Briefly had a fantasy about a small mollie only semi-brackish set up perhaps.

Very nice...but never again. I had guppies for a while and they were nothing but a pain in the bum. They were guaranteed to be infested with worms or protozoa often wasting away to nothing before you could work our what it was you were treating!

Very nice...but never again. I had guppies for a while and they were nothing but a pain in the bum. They were guaranteed to be infested with worms or protozoa often wasting away to nothing before you could work our what it was you were treating!
Exactly! Oh the heartache back in the day. Come back from the LFS with colourful, active, and lovely livebearers, living the dream, and then within a few weeks half of them are wasting away, and the other half are rubbing on the substrate or rocks like they are at a disco. All ends in tears.

And when hard water is what you've got to work with you're limited to what else you can keep. Devastating buying fish knowing they'll be dead in a few months if you're lucky

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back