Lots Of Nice Bubbly Spray Please....

Tiger Tiger

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 7, 2006
Messages
326
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
ENGLAND
I have the fluval internal filter 4+. Can i get it to cause a bubble effect .....NO.

I hate air pumps so i want a real spray internal bubbler, internal or external i don't mind.Its a 180 litre tank and i can work it in conjunction with the fluval 4+

any suggestions?

ATVB
 
I also have a fluval 4 internal.

The blue bit that the water comes out from has a bit that point upwards - make sure this breaks the surface of the water.

It will mix air with the water, and you will get bubbles.


There should also be a rubber screw that you put into the hole on the air-suck bit that will help you control just how much air you wish to mix in.


You can also turn the flow rate to max too.
 
I have tried the plastic screw and it does nothing, it just seems to swivel around and does nothing but swivel round.
I have the funnel breaking the surface but just causes a flow as to lift it any higher takes the filter too much off the bottom to be of much use
 
I have tried the plastic screw and it does nothing, it just seems to swivel around and does nothing but swivel round.
I have the funnel breaking the surface but just causes a flow as to lift it any higher takes the filter too much off the bottom to be of much use

ok, until you get this working, remove the plastic screw (max air intake).

As long as the upwards bit is above the water line it shoud work.

Have you put the flow of the filter to maximum?


If none of this works, I would say the issue is that the filter sponges are too mucky. Clean one in water from the tank. I've had this issue before myself.

Actually, before you do that - remove the "cartridge" where the sponges go in and put the filter back in. So now you just have the outer casing - that will give you the biggest flow rate possible.
If that doesn't work, perhaps the output is clogged?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top