Lost 2 Of 3 Dp In 1 Day

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
So I found DP for the first time in 6 months yesterday. Brought them home, did 50% water change and then acclimated them into the tank slowly. I fed them all Blood Worms and Tubafix worms and both where eaten. I was at work while this happened but I cant tell if it was due to bullying or health? I know the stats are fine since the tank has been running a long time now. I looked at there bodies and nothing looked wrong. The last one looks healthy and is exploring the 10 gallon tank right now. There are still 3-4 Oto in there and are completely healthy still too. I plan to go back and ask about refund and get some more as well. I have bought fish from them before and they are pretty good about there tanks compared to other places. Shall I risk getting 1-2 more? The remaing one is still small and I cant see any markings of a Male. the other 2 looked Female to me.

Opinions?
 
hmmm

can we see a photo of the tank please?

and we will also need water stats just incase :good:
 
here are pics of the remaining DP as well as the Tank:

P1060526.jpg


P1060527.jpg


P1060528.jpg


As for tank stats I dont have access to my test kit this late of night I can defently say that stats should be more then fine since I did a large 50% water change before introducing them.

and and only the Aqua Clear 20 and Internal Tetra Whisper 10. I figured the Fluavl U1 would be to much for them and the media inside wasent cycled, it was just added to the tank as extra.
 
hmmm well I have extra money so I can still add more to the tank. I will try and ask them if I can purchase the remaing ones beforehand, add some extras to my tank and then introduce them later on during the day.

Suggestions for more hiding places?
 
hmmm well I have extra money so I can still add more to the tank. I will try and ask them if I can purchase the remaing ones beforehand, add some extras to my tank and then introduce them later on during the day.

Suggestions for more hiding places?
lots of stem plants...ditch the ornaments and fill with stems
 
so more anubis? they dont sell alot of plants around me. All I can think of is Swords, Anubis, Umbrella plants, etc. I even noticed alot arnt suited for being underwater. I am thinking perhaps a large stack of bog wood for hiding? basicly anything with lots of holes for hiding?
 
so more anubis? they dont sell alot of plants around me. All I can think of is Swords, Anubis, Umbrella plants, etc. I even noticed alot arnt suited for being underwater. I am thinking perhaps a large stack of bog wood for hiding? basicly anything with lots of holes for hiding?
swords...vallis...hygro
 
you want it planted enough to break up their line of sight :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top