Looking For Some More Freshwater Community Fish.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

evansimp

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to aquariums and fishkeeping, and I have a 40 gallon tank, with 4 neon tetras, 2 zebra danios, 2 sunburst platy's, 2 guppies, 1 albino catfish, 1 algae eater, 2 bumblebee fish, and 1 Krib. I was hoping to get a few more fish to complete my tank. I have been trying to do some research on some good fish to get, but I cant decide. I kind of want a centerpiece fish, but from what I've read, thats kind of hard to do in a tropical community tank. Anyone have any suggestions that will make my tank more complete?

40 gallons (UK) that's approx. 180 liters so loads of room left!

Regarding the stock you have now most are shoaling fish (Neons, Guppies and Danios) so you would be best to increase those first.

Kribs do better in a shoal as well although I would not recommend them in a community set up!

40 gallons (UK) that's approx. 180 liters so loads of room left!

Regarding the stock you have now most are shoaling fish (Neons, Guppies and Danios) so you would be best to increase those first.

Kribs do better in a shoal as well although I would not recommend them in a community set up!

Aren't people always saying that Zebra Danios should be in a large tank because of the speed they move at? Four feet long at least? I'm no expert as I have none of these fish, just curious.

You could add 3-4 danios, 2-3 neons, and your krib might get nippy with the guppies. Dont get a mate for the krib. If they were to breed successfully your other fish could be in danger.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back