Look What Happened !

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
image.jpg
I joined up with this outfit in May. At that time I had one lone male Betta in a one half gallon mini tank. Feeling a deep shame I moved him up to a 2 1/2 gallon aquarium complete with filter, heater and plants. Then came the 5 gallon for my Killifish. So far so good on that front. Now, you see that 20 gallon sitting on the floor? That's getting set up by months end. At the time I came here to this great TFF Forum I hadn't had an aquarium set up and operational for nearly 12 years even though I have been keeping fish off and on since 1965. I am in my second childhood at this stage of my life. I don't work at all anymore. I'm all the way retired and love it. So what I think I'll do with that 20 gallon is start where I began. Live bearers. Either Guppies or Swordtails. I figure I can easily use a tank divider to separate hoped for fry from their cannabilistic parents until they are big enough not to get eaten. My water is not real hard and I have a pH of 7.6 which should be perfect. Species only. No scavengers. Sponge filter and plants. Basic all the way. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Are you all happy now ? Look what you've done.

Looks like you have plenty of space in that room for many more tanks! :)

You need to replace that corner table. It doesn't look strong enough to support a fish tank ;)

Yes indeed Madame', there is much room to expand. Seangee, what that corner table is is an old fashioned mixing dough box that you kept dough in to rise until you were ready to bake. No, it won't hold a tank but it will store Killifish eggs while they incubate. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Antiques Roadshow.

Get a triple tier stand and you can have 3 tanks where the tank on the floor is situated.

You could put a 5 gallon on the corner table. And maybe a tank on your kitchen counter, and one in your bathroom, and so on and so on and so on. Methinks you will soon have a bad case of MTS.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back