Lol too many guppies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

G

Guest14017

Okay so my tank is totally overrun... I found a lady who will take these few. There are babies of various ages all over now and the boys are battling and it's all not great. Hopefully I can move a few more of them. These are bad fishies!!

Okay so my tank is totally overrun... I found a lady who will take these few. There are babies of various ages all over now and the boys are battling and it's all not great. Hopefully I can move a few more of them. These are bad fishies!!
They're very beautiful! I hope you're able to get it under control!

It's hard to catch them and I didn't want to give her ten billion - but I happily gave her these few. Will need to get rid of some more but one step at a time.

Catching fish can be a burden from time to time. They're too fast or they've got too much hiding spots... ☺️

I guess, you'd be overwhelmed if you see how many fish are swimming at my place. But if I'd try to get rid of them, I'm sure there is enough enthusiasm for it.

Well I also have a 55 gallon tank and a small outdoor pool with goldfish... But the guppy tank is the only one completely overwhelmed with fish. But I'm working on it!!!

My 29 gallon guppy/platy tank is overrun with guppy fry too. I put some in with my turtles but they just ignore them. A neighbors 8 year old daughter took 6 of my platy fry that had grown to adulthood but no one is interested in free guppy fry.

You could get a few pike topminnows (Belonesox belizanus). That would take care of the extras. ;)

My 29 gallon guppy/platy tank is overrun with guppy fry too. I put some in with my turtles but they just ignore them. A neighbors 8 year old daughter took 6 of my platy fry that had grown to adulthood but no one is interested in free guppy fry.
Maybe your turtles got so annoyed by so many guppies (What? Guppies again... ?) that they'd like a different kind of fry for a snack...

Had that issue with my mollies years back, didn't eat much fry and at one point the tank had over 50 and it was just too much. Lucky I was able to find those homes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay
Back