Loaches

Dave - Astronotus

Reaction score
I've just visited:

www.loaches.com

I was amazed to see the massive variety of loaches that are available.

I think you will all agree that the clown loach is the most common, however there are other types that I have never even heard of.

Are there any forum members out there that are Loach Gurus?

I can see that my interest in loaches is going to grow.

:thumbs:

I love Loaches.com. It's one of my favorite sites.

And I also love Loaches. :wub: :D Right now, I currently own Clowns, Khulis, and Yo-yos. I will soon be the owner of a Weather Loach, and then...? I would love to own at least one of every kind of Loach. I think they are the greatest little fish. :wub:

Yups Loaches are great fish. I have 7 Clowns at the mo, 1 is 10 inches long. I have just made a cabinet for my next tank a 6x2x2 which is going to be loach heaven =).

Hi ya,

I'm glad to here that there are loach lovers out there. I think that loaches are under rated.

I'm sure you will agree that there has recently been a massive amount of interest in catfish, so the same could be possible for loaches.

Do all types of loaches get on or is there any potential hazards to be aware of. What about a big aquarium with lot's of different loaches?

I've got a feeling that I'll be looking towards getting another tank.

:hyper:

Arashi I had a Weather Loach a long time ago many moons b4 i came here they awesome to watch and to keep. mine never stayed still, well they r now :(

:D Loaches, especially botias, are my faves.......if you want accurate advice on here....Ryan is your man!!

I have three Kuhli loach's in my 10 gallon tank, and I love them very much. :wub: I made a special cave for them that is halfway cutaway and leans on the front of the glass, so I can see them and they have a shelter all at once. They are very delicate though, the first batch I got died in a 1 day period a week after I bought them ( when I went back to the LFS, and it turns out that entire tank had a disease in it, they lost theirs long before mine). I went in several other times, but usually their would only be one or two left, and they were very sickly looking, until I went to a different LFS (had to special order them), and they have survived thus far (knock on wood), although they seem to be a lot smaller and a lot shyer than my first batch.
I've wanted to get more loach's, but unfortunately all of the tanks I have now are completely stocked/incompatible for loachs :( .

StrontiumDog said:
Arashi I had a Weather Loach a long time ago many moons b4 i came here they awesome to watch and to keep. mine never stayed still, well they r now :(
Awww, I'm sorry to hear about your Loach, StrontiumDog. It's hard to lose fishies. :-( But I must say, that I've been watching those Weather Loaches at my lfs and they are just wacky little things. :D After I get my 55 gallon set up and I move the Clowns out of my 29 and into there, I will be getting the Weather Loach...maybe two. :rolleyes: :fun:

Loaches are just so cool. My Clowns are an endless source of comedy and entertainment, the Khulis are just insane little things, and I love watching the Yo-yos dig in the gravel all day. :wub: Each one is so different. I would so recommend Loaches to anyone. :nod: :wub: :wub:

Most reactions

Back