Fish Addict
Reaction score
a couple of pics of my Yo-yos

Attachments

• loach.jpg
    loach.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 75
hi eddie,

they have been in the tank since saturday, do u actually see them eating or do they eat at night? as im new to this i am concerned that im not doing it right and dont want to kill them. the temp is 26c or 79f is that ok?

Hi Walah,

Mine seem to be browsing on the surface of the sand, plants, ornaments, etc pretty much all of the time, except when they are playing follow the leader or being seen off by my Kribs. These have been in for about twelve days now and seem to be happy - the tank is at about 78/79F. They do stay active at night (I have night lights on the tank) as well as during the day.

You may want to try a micro-pellet type food that floats for a while and then slowly sinks - this way they can either take it out of the water as it sinks or hoover it off the floor. Be careful not to over feed as this can cause more problems.

I have some tropical sinking wafers on order which are 'specifically developed for corydoras catfish, loaches and other bottom feeders' as they don't seem to like the pleco type wafers or pellets. These should be here any day now - I will let you know how I get on with them.

It may well be that they are still a bit stressed after their move and are still getting settled in. They are probably feeding at night when the danios and tetras are less active. Do they have any cover or hiding places near the open areas of the tank? They will be happier if they have somewhere to hide if they feel threatened. There is a great site called Loaches Online which had information on all types of loaches - the page for these loaches is here.

There are several people on here who are VERY knowledgeable about Loaches and I am sure they will expand on my limited knowledge once they are around.

Hope this helps, Eddie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back