Llj's Ada

Looking forward to seeing more. How many gallons? And, what does ADA stand for?

ADA = Aqua Design Amano

:D

This tank marks the end of an era, Biulu.

L

Oh boy!!!...................Here.................................it ................................comes!!!

Can't wait for this one!

What era would that be? ;)

Actually it does. When I setup this tank, it means that I'll no longer have a freshwater system. After 23 years, no more freshwater and the last 6 of those years have been planted tanks. I was planted moderator here before Ian was. I compiled its resource center. The expansion of that section was a joint effort of ianho's and mine. So yes, the end of an era.

Oh boy!!!...................Here.................................it ................................comes!!!

Can't wait for this one!

I wouldn't get so excited. I imagine it won't be my best tank.

Building a reef with stuff that's just lying around...

Tank: ADA rimless 60cm x 30cm x 35cm, about 15-17g

Lighting: 2 x 65w Coralife CF fixture. I upgraded my 36g to MH, and the sale of this fixture fell through, so I'm putting it to good use. It has cooling fans and corals look really pretty under the actinics.

Substrate: 20lbs of Fiji Pink LS. I finally get to use my stupid Fiji pink sand! :lol:

Filtration: Aquaclear 110, modded into a refugium, with two chambers, one for chaeto and one for chemipure and/or purigen, so this'll be a more complicated mod job. I may post a thread showing the process. The fuge will be lit by one of those LED lights I tend to use. My nps over the summer will be have only natural light and it's corresponding fuge light, which is plenty for algae and enough light for the nps corals.

Circulation: 2x Koralia nano 425s, the same that are in the tank now that it's planted.

LR: probably the same cured rock I always end up using. Why mess with a good thing?

Goals and expectations: Let's see if I stick to this... :rolleyes: This tank is in the family room, therefore, the whole family may select the livestock for this tank. As long as it's compatible with the other inhabitants and will thrive in a nano of this size, it goes in. If they want clowns, it's clowns that go in. I know... :rolleyes: If they want frogspawn, it's frogspawn. Barring nems, I really don't think that most anemones are appropriate for nanos with the exception of rock anemones and the mini carpets. I think the tank will have a charm to it. This is a "take my mom to the LFS and let her pick stuff out" or... "Happy birthday mom! You pick out a coral from Liveaquaria to put into the tank!" I think she'll enjoy it. Eventually, I'd like to get it, so that my family can do some of the maintenance in this tank and enjoy the process. A sort of teaching tank.

The original plan was to upgrade my old 8g to this ADA, but I really want to see how long I can sustain the old 8g. It's already past 6months and going strong. I want to see it hit the year mark and beyond. Too many picos get shut down early, whether it's because the tank crashed or because people wanted to upgrade. While the biotope was longer in the planning stages, it's my old 8g that's my oldest SW tank.

L

*tiptoes in to reply*..

Photos or it didnt happen!!!!!

*runs away*

:shifty:

Oh, it'll happen. It's still technically a planted tank, my dear MBOU. :)

Probably by the end of the week. I have to build the refugium tonight.

L

ha ha Im getting my place in the queue to watch as well

Mbou. Good to see you back :good:

OOhhhh. I better get some popcorn cuz this is gonna be a good one!

-Tyler

ha ha Im getting my place in the queue to watch as well

Mbou. Good to see you back :good:

Oh please, this tank will be nothing special, gentleman. Just throwing together the swaying corals for my mum. She wants a torch and a frogspawn and Xenia, so this'll have quite a different look from my other tanks. LOLOL. But I'm glad you're watching anyway. The Biocube has a nice little update...

I just preliminary work on the refugium. A modded Aquaclear 110. It'll have two chambers, one for chemi-pure elite (I predict some coral chemical warfare), and one for chaeto, of course. It's a nice large chamber. I'm giving some serious thought to just doing the old 8g with an Aquaclear 110 too. You CANNOT have enough Nutrient export, or flow...

L

Most reactions

Back