FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Do any of you guys have any experience with LiveAquaria.com? If so, how did your fish arrive? They seem to have nice prices, which is why I'm interested.

If this isn't a good site, what site do you guys personally use to order your fish online?

I mean, I would want to support my LFS, but they sell their fish for a lite higher than what they are worth...

The fish might be reasonable but their shipping is high . I guess it depends how many fish you would order. I prefer buying locally as it’s less stressful for the fish. And I can pick out the ones I want.

Not sure what their shipping rate is, I can't seem to find it...

The fish I want are $4 at my LFS and I want 8. That adds up after a while...

Shipping is usually $14.95-$19.95 standard 3-4 days and $34.00 overnight for USPS.

Not sure what their shipping rate is, I can't seem to find it...

The fish I want are $4 at my LFS and I want 8. That adds up after a while...
Yeah, but don't you want to see what you are getting? What of it's not even the same fish?

3- 4 days is quite awhile for fish to sit in a sloshy air tight sealed bag that may have temperature changes.
They’re usually fine. Just don’t ship in extreme temps. In Texas, I have to worry about heat.

They’re usually fine. Just don’t ship in extreme temps. In Texas, I have to worry about heat.
Do you breed fish?
I had not intended to raise fry, but I'm excited. And worried that I will have to buy another tank

I recently brought from an online seller. I would never buy fish online again. The fish came riddled with ich and fin rot. I've just spent two weeks treating the fish in a quarantine tank, and I lost two of the 14 purchased.

The companies view is they only guarantee that the fish arrive alive...doesn't matter what the quality is like!

Do you breed fish?
I had not intended to raise fry, but I'm excited. And worried that I will have to buy another tank
I normally breed Moore goldfish and pond fish. I didn’t this year with the pandemic. I have had platy broods but stopped that quick by getting rid of the ladies. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back