Live plants

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

EmJay

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm looking to add more live plants to my aquarium. It's 180L (UK) and I currently have 2 x Java Ferns and 1 x Anubias Consensus.
I'm looking for recommendations of easy to look after/hardy plants of varying sizes and which area of the tank is best to plant them in eg back, middle or front.
I tried Limnophila Heterophylla but it just broke up into bits and Echinodorus Hadi red but it died

Last edited:
Have you tried the other varieties of Echinodorus? I have a couple in my tank (sp Bleherae and sp Barthii), and the only maintenance I've done on them was to cut the damaged/rotting leaves and the overgrowth. How long did you have the Hadi before it died?

Sorry I can't give more recommendations. I'm still a newbie and have not really tested any other plants long enough to have an informed answer.

Have you tried the other varieties of Echinodorus? I have a couple in my tank (sp Bleherae and sp Barthii), and the only maintenance I've done on them was to cut the damaged/rotting leaves and the overgrowth. How long did you have the Hadi before it died?

Sorry I can't give more recommendations. I'm still a newbie and have not really tested any other plants long enough to have an informed answer.

Thanks. I can't remember how long I'd had it. Will look up the ones you mentioned. How often do you cut the leaves? I didn't realise I needed to

Thanks. I can't remember how long I'd had it. Will look up the ones you mentioned. How often do you cut the leaves? I didn't realise I needed to
I do some trimming every 2-3 weeks. Really low maintenance. My tank is 3 months old, and these plants have been there since day 3. One of them is placed near the end of the tank, so the leaves get "damaged" when it touches the glass as it grows. It'll slowly rot away, so as soon as I see the tips turning brown, I cut it at the stem.

I do some trimming every 2-3 weeks. Really low maintenance. My tank is 3 months old, and these plants have been there since day 3. One of them is placed near the end of the tank, so the leaves get "damaged" when it touches the glass as it grows. It'll slowly rot away, so as soon as I see the tips turning brown, I cut it at the stem.

Thank you.
Do you use special scissors?

Thank you.
Do you use special scissors?
I use the one from an aquascaping set I bought online. Something like this:
1602157947663.png

But regular scissors should be fine. Just don't use soap on it :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back