Lion Fish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Reaction score
would a 3-4 inch red dwarfv lion fish be ok with a 1-2 inch fuzzy dwarf lion fish

forgot to say its 5x2x2ft the tank that is

forgot to say its 5x2x2ft the tank that is
They might be OK together - Lionfish will eat smaller ones - IMO u would be better off with 2 of similar sizes

What else do you have in the tank?

Even Dwarf Lions get quite big & have huge mouths

i have a worm goby a sailfin tang a maroon clown and a pink cheeked goby

both about 4-5 inches

cool thanks

You can keep (Dendrochirus brachypterus) fuzzy dwarf lionfish and (Dendrochirus zebra) zebra lionfish together, They will each eventually become about 8".
I am no expert and am learning slowly myself, I am pretty sure if you are going to get 2 together it is recommended that you get one larger than the other, Also make sure they have plenty of places to hide and a cave each which they can hide in when necessary. If they show any signs of aggression then you should separate them immediately
The size of the tank would be fine.

My concern would be for your other fish, I think you might find that they become a meal before to long. :sick:

Although they can be kept together the D. zebra is more prone to be agressive towards the same genus, just keep an eye on them.

or have you may thought about the smaller Genus Pterois one of each perhaps :good:

well i was wrongly informed by lfs that the fuzzy would be fine in my nano so got him, then i saw the red one and wanted him in my 5 ft so i asked at the better lfs and was told they need to be in a big tank so wanted to put the fuzzy in my 5ft but thought id ask here

i just put him in and he looks so much happier and they dont even acnolidge each other i feel so much better

can you recomend some treats for them i have some brine shrimp and garlic ones and some cockels any other treats

:grr: Some LFS should be shot, advising people that a lionfish will be alright in a nano is criminal, thats why you should always do your own research before buying anything.

Feeding should be little and often, rather than 1 large meal, they can eat themselves to death if the meal is to large. :crazy: in the wild they will eat between 1 and 11 small to medium meals a day. So keep their food small :good:
Try wiggling shrimp on a feeding stick, you could try some grass shrimp, or small crayfish.

As long as you give them a good varied diet, I'm sure they will be happy and healthy :drool:

thanks and to make things even badder when we said wht tank he needed they said what do you have so we said a nano and they said yes and a lot of people are doing that and to make people worry as i know that a lot of people use them guess what chain fish store it was at i bet no one gets it

thanks and to make things even badder when we said wht tank he needed they said what do you have so we said a nano and they said yes and a lot of people are doing that and to make people worry as i know that a lot of people use them guess what chain fish store it was at i bet no one gets it

Pets at home?

Seffie x

:fish:

I would be straight over there and having a very large row by now, if I heard any LFS telling people a nano is ok for a lionfish. It makes my blood boil :<

Knowing what some LFS are like it could be any number of them. Don't really want to name names but would be interested to know, can you PM me with info :good:

Pets at home?

Seffie x

:fish:

:rofl: and there was me trying to be diplomatic :whistle:

Most reactions

Back