Limp Top Fin On Platty

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ginty

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ive noticed that one of my plarrys it holding her top fin down. But when she does hold it up it look angled. Not upright/straight.
I havent noticed anybullying up u til now. My two platties which i brought together used to swim all day together. One of them had vabies and she seems to have turnt aggressive , but only since today. Do you no what the fin problem could be??? Stress?

Size of tank please?
Full stocking list?
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.

You mean her fins is clamped to her body?
Any raggy edging to fin?
Any pink, white, red edging to fin?
Is any fins rays split or torn?
Any holes in the fin?
Do the fins look translucent?
Any excess slime on fin?
Are any fish picking on her?

I have guppies and not all of them extend their top fins all of the way out all of the time.  But do answer the questions from WILDER. :)

WILDER said:
Size of tank please?Full stocking list?Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph. You mean her fins is clamped to her body?Any raggy edging to fin?Any pink, white, red edging to fin?Is any fins rays split or torn?Any holes in the fin?Do the fins look translucent?Any excess slime on fin?Are any fish picking on her?
ammonia. 0
nitrite. 0
Nitrate. 30
ph.7.5

i have two plattys and 6 guppies. They are currently in a 30litre tank. Im in the process of setting up my new tank which is 110litres.
No holes in fin. She is holding it to the side and some times its clapmed to her body. The other female and her were so close and as of yesterday ive noticed the other one is being aggresive to her. :(
her fin doesnt look like there is any damage to it bit its hard to tell atm. She doesnt hold it properly. Ill keep checking to see if i can answer that question more accurately. Thanks for your reply. :)

Bless Her. She looks stressed in the 1st pic.
Can you isolate her for a break?

The fins looks fine to me.

I cant get a pic of her with it limp. My other platty holds it up. Almost like a shark and this one clamps it down and when it is up its hanging to the left.
I havent got anywhere to put her as i have babies in my breeder box.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I had a shrimp and it has actually killed some of my fish when the act like this, so ive removed the shrimp so she has a better chance of recovery.

Hows the platys doing?

Shr is still actings stressed. Ivr setup my new tank but had a ptoblem with a leaky external filter. Very stressed out at the moment. :(

I can imagine. Things always start to go wrong at the same tank.

Add some salt as that will help with the stress.
It's one tablespoon to 5 gallons. But go in with half for now.

Ok. Thanks. Ill give that a shot.:)
Please ignore that smilet face thing. :/

Bless Her.
Is she still holding her fin down?

OK. Will do.

Yes she is holding it down. I going to speed the process up by adding one of my old filters in the new tank. To build up the bacteria. Then once ready ill move all fish except the stressed one.

That sounds good to me. Raise temp as well as that speeds thing up too.

Have you added the salt to the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back