Lighting

Mystil

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
557
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Somerset (UK)
Hello Guys
Just wanted to ask if anyone knows of any peice of equipment which will imitate dusk and dawn, lighting wise?

There must be something that will do it.

I am afraid that i am scaring my fish when i turn on my lights on full straight away.

It must be quite small and compact as my space is limited.

Do you know of any and what would you recommend?
and also if possible if it could be easy to fit and automatic and not too expensive?

Sorry guys for the long list of requirements! :blush:
 
Not too sure if you can get automatic ones but u could fit a dimmer switch like you get on a house light. Make sure you get a spark to do it unless you know what you're doin.

Hope this helps
 
Thanks drufly.
I have just spoken to some fish shops and they recommend some blue tube lighting?

Anyone have any idea if this will make my problem better??
 
WHat exactly is the problem. If your worried about scaring the fish with turning the light on i wouldnt worry much, it does'nt matter to fish if the light is on or off. Well to my knowledge anyway, it never seems to bother mine. With a blue light/moon light it only really makes it seem like nighttime light.

I dont realy know much about moon lights but i am looking to get one myself so as to see my plecs
 
All you need to do ( and should be doing ) is turn on a nearby room light for about 10 minutes before turning on the tank lights ( if room is dark ). This will aclimate the fish . Remember...they have no eyelids
 
Yes that is what I am doing....I turn my light on in the room and then later on the tank light in the morning...but when it gets time to go to sleep I turn the tank light off and my tetras do this really stupid jerky dance, even with the room light on..

I was just wondering if there was a more natural way of increasing and decreased the light in the tank...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top