Lighting Tube

IanGenna

New Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bridgend South Wales
first of all if this is in the wrong forum please move t on

Right....

I was wondering if the light tube made much of a difference to the clarity of the water, reason i ask is a friend of mine has a nice tank with crystal clear water every time but the water in my tank doesnt appear as crisp and clear even after changes (it doesnt look dirty either mind) and she is runnning a Fluval 4+ and I am running a 4+ and a 2+ in the same size tank!

I noticed when i bought my light tube there were a few to choose from, would it have made a difference to the clarity of the water?

many Thanks
 
Having clear water may be down to many things, what type of food you feed, what filtration etc..
I run an external filter and have a basket full of filter floss to polish the water, I also only use certain types of flake as some make the water cloudy and some do disintergrate before getting eaten.
 
Not really, unless they are somehow causing algae or something. More to do with the filters as has been said. I tend to find after a water change I have to wait for things to settle, and generally clean the poly filter out after 24 hours then it's good for a while until the next change. That's on my 70L though.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top