P&J
Fish Fanatic
First off, I promise I've searched and haven't found the answer to my question. If it's been addressed already, I apologize.
I've seen a few threads about how long to leave the tank lights on in regard to algae control, but what about for the fish? I understand they need to "sleep," so I don't want to leave the lights on too long. But the one thing I've never seen addressed is the ambient light in the room during the day. I could turn the lights off during the day, but there is still a lot of light in the room from the windows. Similarly, if I turn the tank light off in the evening, the room lights are still on. Does this affect them?
Overall, the room is "light" (from daylight or lamps) from 7am-ish (depending on the time of year) to 10:30pm-ish. With this in mind, does it even matter when the tank lights are on during this period?
Interested in any thoughts on this.
-P
I've seen a few threads about how long to leave the tank lights on in regard to algae control, but what about for the fish? I understand they need to "sleep," so I don't want to leave the lights on too long. But the one thing I've never seen addressed is the ambient light in the room during the day. I could turn the lights off during the day, but there is still a lot of light in the room from the windows. Similarly, if I turn the tank light off in the evening, the room lights are still on. Does this affect them?
Overall, the room is "light" (from daylight or lamps) from 7am-ish (depending on the time of year) to 10:30pm-ish. With this in mind, does it even matter when the tank lights are on during this period?
Interested in any thoughts on this.
-P







