Leveling Of Tanks

kingmed

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bloomsburg pa
My 29 gallon at present time is maybe a quarter of an inch unlevel, my 55 is probably less than that---is this acceptable or should I worry about it leaking eventually? I want to put some flat river stones in my 55 gallon that have a little weight to them and I just didn't want to cause any damage to the tank. Also my stand that my 55 gallon is on (wood) is open in the center with no support to the bottom of the tank, would it be O.K. to add some weight like river stones to it or would this put to much pressure on the glass?
 
The leveling question is a good one, actually wondering the same question. I will be able to tell you that if you do put rocks in your tank get some egg crate, any hardware store will have it. Its a light defuser for florecent lights. but yeah put some of that down on the bottom of your tank to reduce any pressure points on the glass.
 
The leveling question is a good one, actually wondering the same question. I will be able to tell you that if you do put rocks in your tank get some egg crate, any hardware store will have it. Its a light defuser for florecent lights. but yeah put some of that down on the bottom of your tank to reduce any pressure points on the glass.
Now I do have sand on the bottom (pool sand) aprox. 1-2 inch in depth would that be o.k. or should I go ahead and get some egg crate to soften it any way?
 
I would say that as long as you dont push the rocks down into the sand to where they're touching the glass you'll be alright. It wouldnt hurt to get some egg crate though. heres a picture of my slate with some "egg crate" underneath it before I put sand down.
DSC_1859.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top