Leporinus Fasciatus tore up all my Gouramis!!!

zantetsuken

Reaction score
Studying up on a Leporinus Fasciatus I have a work (Petsmart), it was said that they are peaceful fish with fish their own size. My Gouramis were all bigger that Leporinius, tell them that it is a peaceful fish! They were litterally chasing the Gouramis around the tank and repeatedly nipping their fins. It was like throwing a couple of ciclids in there!!! Has anyone else had this experience. I ended up returning them the next day! I would not recommend this to anyone with either a community or semi-aggressive tank.

I have just purchased 2 of these fish and have found they are not the quiet peaceful herbivors that they are often described as, the first day in the tank they dug up all my malaysian trumpet snails and ate them :eek: . They seem to have little fights between themselves every now and again but have so far left theother fish they are with alone, they will eventually be going into the big tank with my catfish and arowana.

I have one of these in my cichlid tank - he's fine with them, in fact he's rather scared of them and keeps his distance. I was told to get either 1 or 6-7 of them, coz when there's only a few of them, they argue, but in shoals of 6+ they seem to be ok. Up to now he's never attacked any of the other tank mates, not even the very placid appolo sharks.

Most reactions

Back