Led Lighting

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Real issue finding XREROY-L1-0000-00A01 (Royal Blues)

Can get them from Aus and US but they want more than the LEDs are worth to ship them :(

If anyone finds them at a reasonable price in the Uk let me know please ;)

Yes Tina, you'll want a fan or two, unless you have a king sized heat sink :nod:

Morri, I know you have them now, but Dealextream did have them, as did Cutter. I know UK folk have ordered through both those firms before, but I don't know about postage changes :unsure:

Sorry Seffie, you appear to have had your thread hi-jacked :sad:

All the best
Rabbut

Not at all Rabbut - we are still on subject - just wish I had a clue what you are talking about :blush:

Seffie x

:fish:

I suspect it is quite simple when you know how................................:lol: but I don't know how :crazy:

Seffie, if I manage to do them OK, I will produce a "girly guide" in language most of us girlies will understand.

I am still getting my head around things ATM hence simple. The rest of the tank is taking up too much grey matter as well.

Seffie, if I manage to do them OK, I will produce a "girly guide" in language most of us girlies will understand.

I am still getting my head around things ATM hence simple. The rest of the tank is taking up too much grey matter as well.

That sounds great, thanks. I wish I could say it was a girly problem though, but it's not, I have never been able to get my head around electronics, just think it is a 'thick as a plank of wood' problem :blush:

Seffie x

:fish:

Just wish Rabbut or Morri lived close to me, then Trod and I would go on a mission to kidnap one of them :ninja: and then whaaahaaahaaahaaa I could have as much lighting as I wanted

Yes Tina, you'll want a fan or two, unless you have a king sized heat sink :nod:

Morri, I know you have them now, but Dealextream did have them, as did Cutter. I know UK folk have ordered through both those firms before, but I don't know about postage changes :unsure:

Sorry Seffie, you appear to have had your thread hi-jacked :sad:

All the best
Rabbut

I guess the postage is relative as i only need a few it worked out cheaper to get them from the german site. I did se the blues on Deal extreme but there was nt enough detail on the listing so was nt sure if they were the correct ones. Still need 6 more whites but I have seen the Luminleds in a few places just need a few more bits then can start the test build rig.

See, I should have thought about that, I just went strait into building the main thing :blush: That could have been an expensive mistake if it didn't work :unsure:

Seffie, what parts don't you understand, maybe I could try translating it to English. I get carried away sometimes, sorry :no:

All the best
Rabbut

Good for smaller applications, but at 2.5A, you'll only be able to run a maximum two chains off it, or a maximum of about 12 LED's, and there isn't much safety margin there so the power supply will get fairly hot... The 7A one at the bottom of the page would likely be a very good one to use for most applications, allowing up-to 5-6 chains safely, or a maximum of 36 LED's :good: All for just £27.99 as a supply.. On paper tough, you can wire 7 strings off it if safety margins are thrown out of the window along with all the other health and safety tosh :lol: Out of the ones on there, if Tina wants just one Power supply for all the LED's, that's the only one suitable :sad:

All the best
Rabbut

Depends Rabutt, I am not sure whether to use all blue or add some white in there. If I go with mixed colours I will use 2 power supplies, if I go with 1 colour, I will use just 1.

Still thinking ATM.

I am only going for 2 chains to start with water depth will only be about 15" and doing mostly softies and LPS if I go down the SPS path I can add another string, will test the amps used on test rig located my heatsinks more than I wanted to pay but are more than man enough for the job ;)

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...alenotsupported" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...alenotsupported</a>

Looking at something like this for active cooling

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...95fd24c7d206e84

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yer, heat sinks cost me more than I expected too, but at the end of the day, they are needed if your trying to stop the LED's from cooking themselves :rolleyes:

That's a good sized case fan isn't it :lol:

All the best
Rabbut

Aye Big fan can run slower = less noise, making a cardboard mock up of my enclosure to get a feel for size etc. then will work out air flow etc in carboard before I make a acrylic or wood enclosure ;)

final stages will be with help my wood work skills where never the best ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back