Lead on an aquarium...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DJ Fresh

Reaction score
Hey, I want your opinions!!! :thumbs:
My friend has a 20 gallon tank and is willing to sell it to me for $50 (Canadian).
It includes gravel, thermometer, heater, lid/lights, fake plants, and... some fish! 1 Silver Dollar, 2 Buenos Aires tetras, 1 Firemouth Cichlid, and a Blood Parrot. It needs a new filter (Walmart cells them for about $30 Canadian).

(FYI - I currently own a 10 gallon with 2 Zebra danios and 2 Prestilla tetras, BTW - I just past my Nitrite spike! :hyper: In the words of Napoleon... Yesssss!)

Now there's my story, but I'm a little hesitant to take on the blood parrot. I like the other fish ok... I just don't know about the big red fish (the blood Parrot). Now, how can I sell or can I give it to an LFS?

:unsure: Also, I'm a little worried adding my 4 small fish to the rather large bunch that I might be getting from my friend. (I'm not confident with his research that he's done in the past... that's why I'm comin' to you guys!!)

Anyways.. that will hopefully start discussion. Let me know what you think
B) DJ Fresh

I'm no expert, but methinks the blood parrot gets large and aggressive. Ask... Hybrids forum. Hmm... No idea on firemouths, look at the fish index or cichlids forum. Silver dollars get too big for a 20 and need to be in groups. The tetras need to be in groups of 6 or more too.

Good deal for what you will be getting, even without the fish, the tank/lights/heaters etc. are well worth it.

I just found a deal on a different tank from the LFS, so I'm not going to get this one. Too many complications etc. Thanks so much for all your opinions though.

I'm so glad I got the tank from the LFS and not my friend :D . It was a good call. I just felt funny about getting a "fully loaded" tank, when my hobbie was to create and build my own. Plus, most of the fish he had in the his tank were too big for it because I don't think he did much research. :huh:

Anyways.. if anyone else gets in this situation, ask yourself whether or not this is truly a hobbie, and if it is remember how fun it is to create your own tank and watch it grow! :hyper:

B) DJ Fresh

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back