Lava Rocks For Bbq's

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ahkiu

Reaction score
Is the lava rock designed for use in gas/electric BBQ grills safe for aquarium use? I'm assuming so since it's obviously safe for food use.
My hands are itchy do a project and i came across this fantastic idea

http://www.duboisi.com/diy/BNdiygrotto/bndiygrotto.htm

when i was researching for a mbuna tank.

Buying lava rock from the LFS is really expensive and i saw tesco are selling a big box for five pounds :D

i WILL, be doing that for my bigger malawi tank.even though i may use like house shheting intead of tin do that it doesnt cut them

what problems do you foresee having a background of caves danno? The only think i can think of is it will be pretty hard to catch a fish if you need to. Having said that, the whole background will not be fixed to the tank, it's just latched on with some cable ties, so if needs be can be taken out pretty easily.

I like the look looks like something would like to do my self but heres my thought if it is hanging by zip ties how is the back middle sections kept flush againts the acrylic or glass? if not could cause problem for fish getting stuck in a small squeeze point trying to go around? I like it though very neat looking. but I also love the way you could use this to hide intake and outtake pipes from your external filter or any filter.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back