Last Few Fish For Community Tank

homerhotspur

New Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2008
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Points
0
We are going to get 2 or 3 more fish to complete our set up this weekend. Considering a couple of male guppies. Any other suggestions for a pair or 3 fish who would be happy in those numbers. I'm looking for 2 inch maximum fish.
 
What fish are in the tank already and how big is the tank? And what filtration?

I'm assuming you've got a fairly middling pH rather than one thats at the extremes.
 
Yes we need to know your current stocking and tank size to make any good recommendations.
 
Yes Sorry. Bit of a dumb question really. Too quick to fire it off :blush:

60 litre tank Average Ph. Lightly planted. 60x30x30. Internal filter.

6 Cardinal Tetras
5 Danios
4 banded barbs
2 Leopard Corys

I intend to add 1 more Cory to replace one that died recently.

Although the very strict amongst you would no doubt exclaim ' over stocked', my impression from what I have read on here and elsewhere is that there is room for another couple of 2 inchers( with good water changing regime) and those are what I was seeking suggestions for.
 
penguin tetras are cool get some of them great shoaling fish
 
If you keep up with water changes you could add a few more small fish. You could do a few guppies if you want. Personally, I would add a dwarf gourami.
 
Thanks for suggestions so far. I suppose what I am really looking for is an attractive small fish that will be happy living together in just a pair with the other fish already there. I am trying to avoid a live bearer, hence only suggesting male guppies.
 
How about a couple of sparkling gourami (if you can find some) small and pretty or honey gourami are nice and colourful.

Galaxy Rasboras, you could get away with a few of these as they are very small.
 
If I went for a couple of Gouramis, should it be a male and female or both the same?
 
Usually people recommend them in trios (1m,2f) or singley but I don't see why you couldnt have two females. The reason they don't have 1m 1f is because the male will harass the female and i assume that 2 males will fight.
 
Would be hard for me to have a tank containing cardinals without having a pair of blue rams in there. I reckon they look great together :)
 
Either, 2 males, 2 females or one of each, all would get along fine. You might have to watch if you do get a m/f pair and they decide to spawn, they will get territorial and chase any other fish away, but they are usually fairly harmless.
 
IMO i wouldn't do rams because they are pretty active, unless your tank has a long footprint.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top