Lamp-eye Tetra?

craig855s

Fishaholic
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
503
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Bought 7 Lamp-eye tetra from maidenhead aquatics today (some may have fallen victim to my juvi angels already) and once i got them home i tried to look some info up online,problem is...google,wikipedia and the species index here does not list "lamp-eye tetra"

The only thing close to lamp eye tetras i can find are things like head and taillights and glowlights etc.

The fish are silvery blue in colour with bright blue eyelids (no other strong colours anywhere else on body) Ive seen them reffered to as lampeyes in a lot of my LFSs in the south of england.
 
I'm with truck. They sound much more like 'Normans lamp eyes' and it is a type of killifish.
aplocheilichthys_normani_1.jpg


Does that look about right?
 
They're Normans lampeye killifish from your description. I have some in my 30 gal. Very pretty little fish.
 
I think you're right there,the pics look very similar, but as my fish are currently tiny the fins dont look like the ones in the pics but im sure they will do
 

Most reactions

Back
Top