D Duzzy Fish Crazy Joined Feb 1, 2008 Messages 281 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Jul 9, 2008 #1 Hi there, in a heavily planted 75 liter tank could I have a school of say 10 cherry barbs and a pair of lace gouramis? Regards Darren
Hi there, in a heavily planted 75 liter tank could I have a school of say 10 cherry barbs and a pair of lace gouramis? Regards Darren
celaeno Arkangel Joined Apr 5, 2006 Messages 1,217 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location NY, USA Jul 9, 2008 #2 10 cherry barbs is ok, but you need a larger tank for lace (pearl) gouramis.
D Duzzy Fish Crazy Joined Feb 1, 2008 Messages 281 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Jul 9, 2008 #3 My plan was to keep trading them for smaller fish as they grow....
celaeno Arkangel Joined Apr 5, 2006 Messages 1,217 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location NY, USA Jul 9, 2008 #4 sorry, but i can't read minds...
D Duzzy Fish Crazy Joined Feb 1, 2008 Messages 281 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Jul 9, 2008 #5 lol I guess not
chesterscot Fish Herder Joined Feb 11, 2008 Messages 1,973 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location chester Jul 9, 2008 #6 imo its wrong to buy fish knowing you can not house or look after them long term so trading them in when they grow is wrong also pearls dont show there best colours till there adult so in my view its pointless as well scot
imo its wrong to buy fish knowing you can not house or look after them long term so trading them in when they grow is wrong also pearls dont show there best colours till there adult so in my view its pointless as well scot
D Duzzy Fish Crazy Joined Feb 1, 2008 Messages 281 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Jul 9, 2008 #7 you are probably right, I have been sitting here thinking of an alternative that would compliment the cherry barbs....any ideas?
you are probably right, I have been sitting here thinking of an alternative that would compliment the cherry barbs....any ideas?
chesterscot Fish Herder Joined Feb 11, 2008 Messages 1,973 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location chester Jul 9, 2008 #8 what about rams kribs guppies plattys etc scot
D Duzzy Fish Crazy Joined Feb 1, 2008 Messages 281 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Jul 9, 2008 #9 I am actually now going to go for cherry barbs 5pr and 1 pr of rich blue (well male with color) of siamese fighters and a SAE like the idea of the color combo Regards Darren
I am actually now going to go for cherry barbs 5pr and 1 pr of rich blue (well male with color) of siamese fighters and a SAE like the idea of the color combo Regards Darren
Gill Store Manager Coalville Aquatics Joined Feb 7, 2004 Messages 6,117 Reaction score 2 Points 36 Location Derby Jul 9, 2008 #10 Duzzy said: I am actually now going to go for cherry barbs 5pr and 1 pr of rich blue (well male with color) of siamese fighters and a SAE like the idea of the color combo Regards Darren Click to expand... Hi I would not recommend Mixing Cherry barbs and Fighters, as when the males start to display they get very nipy against any fish i the tank. And a Breeding pai of Fighters cannot be mixed with ANY fish as the male and femlae will destroy anything that comes close to the Nest. I would recommend some smaler species like Dwarf Honey gouramis or Sunset Dwarfs. there colors would compliment the cherries well.
Duzzy said: I am actually now going to go for cherry barbs 5pr and 1 pr of rich blue (well male with color) of siamese fighters and a SAE like the idea of the color combo Regards Darren Click to expand... Hi I would not recommend Mixing Cherry barbs and Fighters, as when the males start to display they get very nipy against any fish i the tank. And a Breeding pai of Fighters cannot be mixed with ANY fish as the male and femlae will destroy anything that comes close to the Nest. I would recommend some smaler species like Dwarf Honey gouramis or Sunset Dwarfs. there colors would compliment the cherries well.
chesterscot Fish Herder Joined Feb 11, 2008 Messages 1,973 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location chester Jul 9, 2008 #11 yeah i agree would stay away from the fighters (bettas) and pick something more community orientated scot
yeah i agree would stay away from the fighters (bettas) and pick something more community orientated scot
D Duzzy Fish Crazy Joined Feb 1, 2008 Messages 281 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Jul 10, 2008 #12 Not even a single fighter with the barbs?