kuhli loaches

Also inches per gallon only works so much. Sometimes you can get away with more, and sometimes you need less. It all depends on what fish you keep, tank sizes, filteration, etc.
 
I never use inch per gallon except at a very basic level. I know not to put a 24" fish in my 30 gallon for instance. :) Looking at the total amount of fish you have in size and waste production is a better way to do stocking. Several small fish that produce a lot of waste are as bad as one large fish that produces only a moderate amount of waste.
 
Teelie, thats exactly what I'm talking about.

A pleco that is only 3 inches long will produce much more waste then 3 small tetras.
 
going by your signature you have plenty room in your tank if you wanted to get some, dont expect to see them a great deal mind you, when we sold them in the fish shop I worked in we never knew if we had any or not because they were always buried, having said that I do like them myself and the pleasure is in the waiting.

Someone else might be able to adv you on what kind of substrait is best eg sand or fine gravel etc because they do like to bury themselves (assuming you plan to get some that is, unless your question was just a general one)
 
i would get some!They produce very little waste.I dont tend to use the inch per gallon rule as strict instructions.I think if them more as guidelines.......
 
I generally include them, but they don't produce as much waste compared to other fish its length.
 
If you want to see your coolies, put a small moon light tube or some cold catods in, there nocternal.

I use to love watching mine root and dart around the tank at night.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top