Kribs, apisto, GBR and corys.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Irishlad123

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a 200 litre tank and I'm wondering which one would work best. I have soft water. The tank has a large depth. I really want corys and i would like to add a pair of the above fish to the tank. I know that these cichlids can get aggressive while breeding but if I provide appropriate cover and a large group of corys would any of these work. All advice appreciated.

I would recommend the apistos or kribensis cichlids. Remember that cories will happily eat eggs. Keep lots of caves and open spaces if you choose to have apistos or Kribs.

I agree. Rams need water warmer than cories can cope with so choose from the other two options.

Ok thanks could you also have a pair of angels in the tank. I heard apistos can be fin nippers

Angelfish in a "pair" means a bonded spawning pair, and this tank is not large enough for additional cichlids but more than one cichlid in a breeding setup is not going to work anyway.. Corydoras should work (a sand substrate) though this is still a risk; I have seen a trio of cories come upon a shoal of cichlid fry about mid tank and tear into them like you wouldn't believe, and within seconds the fry were all eaten. Even a female cichlid cannot stave off cories when they are in a feeding frenzy.

Apistos and Corries are from the same part of the world and will enjoy similar conditions (The rams need thing a bit hotter so if you went down that route you would be limited in choice of corries). I love Angel fish but they can be a real pain. The tank seems to have to revolve round them. A trio of Apistos, a herd of corries (or maybe a couple of small herds) and a nice shoal of tetras would be my choice. Oh and loads of plants.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back