Kribensis Starting To Spawn.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It's totally your choice tbh mum and dad can look after them perfectly well but if they are still quite juvenile (as mine obviously are) you run the risk of them being snacks for them and possibly the other fish

Ive been thinking are the kribensis actually any good at looking after them. Had to move some bits around in the tank today and the male attacked me twice!!! never jumped so much in my life. Im going to leave them be and remove once there nicely free swimming.

Hahahaha don't put your hands in there at all while they have fry if your too close for their liking they will attack you
They are classed as "the perfect" parents mine are still looking after the 1 that is left they just require some practise to get it right is all if you don't want to leave them in there with them then as your worried they may eat them then remove them it will calm them down again once they realise they have nothing left to protect but you must wait until they are free swimming as mum will "blow" feed them once the yolk sack has been demolished

I don't think my hands will be going near them again lol. Think the yolk sac has gone now, there all grey in colour and I can see there little fins forming, couple more days I should have free swimmers....Hopefully

They don't take long do they, have you counted to check you still have 5 fingers hahaha I laughed so hard I'm sorry :)

Im inpatient so it feels like ages lol, shes blowing food at them today.
All fingers are here lol, ive never known a fish to attack me like that, it wasn't even scared of me.

Hahaha they don't give a damn do they

I'm impatient too it's a horrible wait but well worth it in the end my 1 is now the size of a small pea god love him he has done well where others have failed :)

I took 4 fry yesterday and put them into a breeding trap in my 100litre tank, they can swim. Looked in the cave and theres loads of wrigglers, cant seem to get a good photo of them though.

Ive been feeding them crushed flake food, they chase the particles around lol. 
The big batch in the big tank were out on there first outing today but I missed it :(   Hopefully they do it again and I can get a picture.

Aww once mine came out she never bothered to take them back they stayed in the open quite possibly why I only have 1 left hahaha

Prespawn picture

Day out

They have been in the densely planted area of my tank now for about an hour, bit worried as my pleco almost took the lot earlier (pump restarted just in time to scare him off) and my paradise fish is lurking (hes a hunter)

Awww soooo cute congrats
If you do decide to move them I would try to not net them but use a jug/mug/beaker of some sort so they are not out of the water, I'm not sure how fry cope being netted??
But they are lovely and so tiny still I will see if I can get you a pic of my 1 but he stays mostly at the back so it's quite hard :)

And keep me posted on what you decide and pics as they grow please :)

How many do you think you have?

I think I have around 60. I found a good way of removing them, I use the pipe from my gravel vac and suck them out into a tub, stops any potential damage to them.
Im taking most of them tonight as they parents seem to be off.

You will have to snap me a pic when they are mostly all out so I can have a nosey at how many you have
biggrin.png

Most reactions

Back