Kribensis Pulcher Breeding Diary

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Day 5:

The wrigglers are becoming more active and increasing in numbers. They are still unable to swim but the parents are guarding them well!

Day 6:

The wrigglers have become their first steps as free-swimming fish and are currently using the sides of the coconut cave to help push themselves up into the water. I have tried to get pictures but because they have yet to leave the cave, there is little-to-no light therefore photographs are out of the question at this early stage!

Day 10: The kribs are finally free-swimming and have just begun their first adventure round the tank with mum and dad! I managed to grab a few shots of them however they are so small its hard to focus the camera! They are being picked up and placed in various locations all over the tank and seem to be loving it!

aquamarine-albums-my-fish-picture7177-dsc-9617.jpg

aquamarine-albums-my-fish-picture7176-dsc-9616.jpg

Lol! They're excellent mate! Really cute little babies! Mine are back in their own tank now so hopefully I might have a few soon too!!

Lol! They're excellent mate! Really cute little babies! Mine are back in their own tank now so hopefully I might have a few soon too!!

I am very pleased! There seem to be around 40-50 babies and have already seen one get swipped by a Black Phantom Tetra which was most upsetting lol! Mum and dad are playing very protective and so hopefully the rest should see better fortune!

Mine have also spawned. I think they have laid loads more eggs than last time so i'm hopefull of some surviving! :D

How's the babies doing mate? My female has disapeared into the coconut cave again... :hyper:

Nothing came of the last lot, i disturbed them again. :(

How's the babies doing mate? My female has disapeared into the coconut cave again... :hyper:

Nothing came of the last lot, i disturbed them again. :(

I am currently away from home but i hear that mine are the same, none survived! Fingers crossed they will eventually get there though!

Mine are breeding again, not seen the female around for a few days. Still got 4 of the babies from the last lot, they are about 3/4 of an inch to an inch now and roam around the tank on their own. :) They've actually outgrown my Panda Corys already!

Kinda hoping for a better survival rate now the tank is more mature and i have no predatory fish in there this time around.

Are yours in a community tank then Tizer? The last batch of fry maybe attacked when they breed again.

Most reactions

Back