Kribensis odd Behaviour

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Keithgreene215

Reaction score
My fish are all doing well and I have no aggression or trouble with my tank. However, I have noticed a weird relationship between my Female Kribensis and otocinclus. The Krib constantly rubs up against not aggressively and it doesn't seem to faze the oto at all it stays around the Kribs cave and carries on eating. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this kind of behaviour before. It kind of swims up alongside it like it's trying to connect or something it's weird. There has been no aggression an doesn't seem to harm the fish but wondering if it'll be a concern.

Well my school of pymy cory developed a relationship with a breeding pair of kribs. After a while the kribs figured out they were harmless so they let them stay in front of their cave and even let them mingle with the frys. So the cory used them as 'body guards' since they chased everyone else away they could just follow the kribs around the aquarium eating. Not sure this is an experiment i recommend repeating but it did work out well in this case (after a few months of wondering how many more pygmy would suffer tail loss).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back