Krib Wrigglers In My Community Tank

spesh

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 9, 2008
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Swansea, UK
Well my Kribs finally did what they are supposed to and made a pile of wriggles, they are just coming out and about :) Been suspicious that they'd spawned in some Java fern as they were getting very territorial all of a sudden and today I see about 20 wrigglers just outside the fern. I'm guessing I need to rescue them as I doubt they'll last too long in my community tank? I've got 6 Tiger/Albino Barbs, 3 gold barbs, 6 cory's, 1 RTS, BN plec and 4 Rummynose. I'm thinking the Barbs will find them a tasty snack as soon as they become free swimming?

The only other tank I have is a small 35L tank that has a few cherry shrimp, some snails (soon to be rehomed) and a couple of Cardinals... Would it be better to transplant the fry into that tank?

Help! :D

Mark
 
yes nothing will go near them. mines ok,been in there nearly a month now, the fry come out where the other fish are and the mam n dad scatter the other fish its really funny watching them,good luck with them,,kenny
 
Jeez they grow quick!!

Down to about 15now but i expect that losing a few is normal? Mum and Dad are defending the bit of java fern with ferocity lol.. they've even evicted my RTS from his hidey hole under the bogwood :o
 
Got down to 3 so i rescued them and popped them in my baby tank with some shrimp and a couple of cardinals. The Golden Barbs were the culprits for eating them without a doubt :(
 
I never had any luck with breeding kribs or rams in a community tank as well (always had the same problem as you).

Should be fine in the other tank. I assume it has filtration? If not have a look in the DIy section for info on building a quick sponge/box filter which would do the job fine.

What are you feeding them?
 
i have about 15 left they do grow really fast,they out swiming with the other fish and they just over a month old, and spotted,dont look anything like a krib,but yesterday the other femail just come out her coconut shell with about 200,fry shes over the other side fighting all the other fish off with the mail.see how many she ends up with,best of luck with yours,,kenny
 

Most reactions

Back
Top