Krib Or No Krib?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

MattG

Reaction score
I just had a quick question be cause I'm relatively new to the aquarium world.
I have a 65 gallon aquarium. 4ft long and 18inch wide. I currently have 6 green barbs(still small), a red-tailed black shark (medium) and a small common pleco. IĀ realizeĀ that they all still have some growing to do, but the tank looks rather empty.
I am considering putting a krib in there too. what are some opinions on that? would that beĀ compatible? should i go with just one.
IĀ don'tĀ think it fair to over stock a fish tank. One krib probably wont make aĀ differenceĀ  so my question is mostly a compatibility issue

the pleco will outgrow your tank size. i dont know how good aĀ  red tailed black shark and a krib would be though

The krib may conflict with the red tailed shark, because it has already become established. And yes the pleco will outgrow.

I've kept Kribs and RTBSs before. Although they may have their moments as long as they have space around them they should be fine. I nice pair and you should get Ā them breeding soon.

Are green barbs tigers? If so you might be ok but watch out for any fin nipping! :)

I currently have Green Tiger Barbs and Kribs together and whilst the Tiger Barbs are fin nippers, they tend to leave the Kribs alone.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back