Kolykaf - April 2021 Tank of the Month Winner (17-30 G)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
April 2021 Tank
of the Month Contest
We had 6 gorgeous tanks entered in this month's TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 17 - 30 gallons, but only one could win...

And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Kolykaf
Let's all congratulate her
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description
ddc05d1d-a4c9-4418-864b-59443c7231b2-jpeg.133742
20 gallon long
Sponge filter
Current satellite plus pro lighting
organic potting soil capped with pool filter sand
TDS 85
Gh 3
Kh <1
Ph 6.3
77F (25C)
The tank has been running for around a year and 5 months. It is moderately tannin-stained from driftwood, catappa leaves, alder cones and other botanicals. Among the plants are java fern, anubias nana petite, rotala indica, bucephalandra, dwarf sag, limnophilla heterophylla and najas indica.

It is home to a pair of betta uberis and around 6 of their offspring (it’s difficult to tell how many as they tend to hide)
12 Sundadanio globinus
7 corydoras habrosus
1 pair of clown killies

The original pair of bettas won’t touch flake/pellets or frozen so I feed black worms, daphnia, fruit flies and in warmer months mosquito larvae when I can harvest them from a bucket of water in my yard. The rest get bugbites, frozen cyclops, daphnia and spirulina flakes.
I typically change 25% of the water every 2 weeks. I use R/O remineralized with Seachem Equilibrium and add 1 pump (2ml) of Thrive all-in-one liquid fertilizer.

Last edited:
Congrats to @Kolykaf with your nicely planted 20 gallon tank. Well deserved win!
Tying for second place are @Mick85 and @liamc1988 . You both have very nice tanks.
For those who didnt win or didnt enter the TOTM contest, we hope you enter your tanks in a future TOTM contest.
On May 1st, we will be accepting entries for tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you enter the contest.
The voting poll for this month's fish of the month contest has started. Please check it out ant cast your vote:

Last edited:
On May 1st, we will be accepting entries for tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you enter the contest.
Right now our Fish of the Month contest has started accepting entries. If you have a Livebearer, we hope you enter it in the contest.
Woohoo! Very excited!

Congrats! I like how you make the aquarium looks bigger than it actually is!

Congratulations! Your tank is stunning.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back