FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We've had lots of rain for the past 10 days in Northeast USA causing flood conditions. A koi fish was washed out of a pond and was found swimming down the street. It was eventually caught and returned to the pond.
watch following video:

Last edited:
you should go catch it. once the rain dries up that thing gonna be dead. if it happens a to make its way to the ocean, it’ll swim for a couple minutes before it dies from the salt. if it happens to make its way to a lake, it’ll mess up the ecosystem. if it happens to go in the sewer, idk it’ll probably die.

If you watch the video, you will see that they caught it and returned it to the pond.

That reminds me of the time I was cycling to the shop and saw this huge orange thing in the creek. It was a 3 foot long koi carp cruising around the creek in 12 inches of water.

Well unfortunately, overhere people have released koi into the canal and other waters. It's prohibited by law. But it still happens.

Well unfortunately, over here people have released koi into the canal and other waters. It's prohibited by law. But it still happens.
It happens everywhere. There is a creek and a lake about 30km out of Albany in the south-west of WA and it is home to an endangered species of fish. There are no houses or anything nearby and it's in a national park but people have released over 20 species of non native fish into it. The worst part about it is the government won't let anyone take the native species into captivity for a breeding program so they will become extinct in a few years.

It happens everywhere. There is a creek and a lake about 30km out of Albany in the south-west of WA and it is home to an endangered species of fish. There are no houses or anything nearby and it's in a national park but people have released over 20 species of non native fish into it. The worst part about it is the government won't let anyone take the native species into captivity for a breeding program so they will become extinct in a few years.
I believe it happens everywhere. I also don't believe you can really stop them from doing it even though it's forbidden.

If you watch Biotopia vids in crystal clear waters of south Brazil you've probably seen Potamogeton illinoensis in streams where its not native. At first I thought it was a great looking water plant- then he told me what it is and its native to the cold USA!
Since then? Everytime I see it, I can see its pushed out the native red leaves Nymphoid(?) species that grows more as a groundcover with few if any floating pads Also,it's probably too tough a weed for the native fish to feed on.
Just some trivia I've never used!

Most reactions

trending

Back