kind of food for Cory catfish ???

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

skulls

Reaction score
What kind of food may i feed my 6 Cory catfish ???

If you go to your lfs they should have some sinking wafers designed especially for fish who feed off the substrate, like cories. :) They also like blackworms. (frozen or live)

I find most of my bottom dwellers(loaches, plecos and cories) don't like the algae pellets and tabs you see at the stores. But what they all do aggree on is Wardleys brine shrimp pellets. I feed all my bottom dwelling fish like these, even the other fish will eat them to.

'But her is a question on the wardleys, what about the really small ones like when they are baerly 3/4 of an inch, what can he eat. 8)

Daveo :flex:

I feed my corries the wardleys shrimp pellets as well. They break up into smaller pieces after being in the water a very short time, so even the smallest cories (not necesarily fry) can eat them. I have two peppered cories that are about 1/2 inch or so that love them. I also feed mine frozen bloodworms (most all my fishes favorite), tropical sinking pellets (by Marineland) and algae waffers. I am not sure who eats those, probably the snails. None of my fish pick at them when I am watching, but they are always gone in the morning.

\Dan

I just bought JBL NOVO Tab ,is it good for cories ? but does these foods changed the water :eek:

My small cories who are about .5" currently like to suck on spirulina discs. (as does everyone else in the tank). As soons as they start to get a little bit soggy even the smallest fish in the tank can easily chow down.

my male betta also liked eating JBL novo tab :D

Sera make a catfish chip for ancistrus and pleco catfish. All my bottom feeders LOVE them but won`t touch anything else. They contain wood too which is really good for them.

Most reactions

Back