Killifish

I would like to buy a trio of killifish, please can you reommend me some

Becky
id suggest the Aplocheilus Panchax or the as sugguested by BigC Aphyosemion Australe (google the names) if you need a true answer though ask BigC he knows more than me and helped me heaps with my blue panchax killifish (Aplocheilus Panchax) heres a pic of the two
Aphyosemion Australe
Aphyosemion_australe_1.jpg

Aplocheilus Panchax
DSCF5070.jpg

I would go for Fundulopanchax gardneri nigerianus sp.
There are lots of different locations and some are more colourful than others but they will present you with the least difficulty regarding their husbandry.
Aphyosemion australe, whilst being good beginner fish will present you with some problems if you wish to spawn them sucessfully. (water conditions)
Aplochelius species are easier but not as colourful and getting rid of excess stock may prove difficult.
Regards
BigC

i also like the looks of the aphyosemion gardneri it looks very blue (my favorite colour) and the red spots on it contrast well making it a very beautiful fish to keep

I would go for Fundulopanchax gardneri nigerianus sp.
There are lots of different locations and some are more colourful than others but they will present you with the least difficulty regarding their husbandry.
Aphyosemion australe, whilst being good beginner fish will present you with some problems if you wish to spawn them sucessfully. (water conditions)
Aplochelius species are easier but not as colourful and getting rid of excess stock may prove difficult.
Regards
BigC
I'd go with the Gardneri, the Panchax will get quite large and any smaller fish in your tank will suffer for it, plus you need quite a big tank for the Panchax as the males can get to be around 4" if they thrive also they spend a lot of the time at the top of the water table, whereas the Garnderi are mid to bottom swimmers so more tank area covered.

I love both but Gardneri are my favourites.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back