Killifish

Depends, what other fish, if it's your sig. i'd say no, they won't get on with the others, a species tank for killi's is better.

Check out the oddballs section and have a look around for info.

Do you have a species in mind?

oh ok, well i was thinking the lyretail killi, but yer they are the fish in my tank so im guessing its a bit of a no-no..
SJC

Lyretail Killifish...Aphyosemion australe.
I was looking at you sig and I don't know if you wish to house them in a seperate tank or to include them in the same aquarium as the guppies etc. Please clarify.
Normally I would suggest a species tank for Killies but in the case of Aph. australe, they can be perfectly O.K. in a community setup. My only concern is the guppies, to which the male australe might take a likeing to their flowing tails and bright colouration.
If you wish to know more of an indepth and personal experiences with Aph. australe then don't be afraid to ask.
Regards
BigC

Lyretail Killifish...Aphyosemion australe.
I was looking at you sig and I don't know if you wish to house them in a seperate tank or to include them in the same aquarium as the guppies etc. Please clarify.
Normally I would suggest a species tank for Killies but in the case of Aph. australe, they can be perfectly O.K. in a community setup. My only concern is the guppies, to which the male australe might take a likeing to their flowing tails and bright colouration.
If you wish to know more of an indepth and personal experiences with Aph. australe then don't be afraid to ask.
Regards
BigC

Yer ok cool any info would be appreciated cheers

Sjc

yeah, i'd say you would probably be ok with Aphyosemion australe

Watch out for the australe bullying, or getting bullied - If there is a lot of space and planting, they will generally avoid the other fish, finding a quieter, shady corner to live in. The argumants will only start if they are forced together. The australe may nip, or possibly just go super shy and be too scared to come out for food.

Best to have some floating plants to create some shade - the australe retreat to it, whilst the shoalers stay in the open water

I see there are australe eggs on ebay now

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
yeah, i'd say you would probably be ok with Aphyosemion australe

Watch out for the australe bullying, or getting bullied - If there is a lot of space and planting, they will generally avoid the other fish, finding a quieter, shady corner to live in. The argumants will only start if they are forced together. The australe may nip, or possibly just go super shy and be too scared to come out for food.

Best to have some floating plants to create some shade - the australe retreat to it, whilst the shoalers stay in the open water

I see there are australe eggs on ebay now

Lush, thanks for that, yea its pretty well planted, but i havnt got any floating plants, i have bogwood though. would it take to an upside down flower pot? how would i raise the eggs? what do i feed the fry?

S

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You want surface cover not a cave like a flower pot.

Fry should be fed BBS and MW for a good diet.

Yes, or do a DIY style one, you'd also need to buy a microworm culture. Though one or the other is good, both mixed are better.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back