Killifish Project

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Neomeris

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Sorry that I was so inactive for so long

Well, anyways, I want to do a project with killifish. The project is, to raise them from eggs, documenting how the eggs develop. (Yes, I know this has been done before. I just want to do the project for myself)

When I've raised the fry, they will be able to live in my twenty gallon aquarium, with guppies, tetras, loaches, miniature cory catfish, and a dwarf Gourami. Or I could possibly keep them alone, if they don't need a big tank.

I just don't know what kind of killifish I want. Here are the qualities I want in one:
  • eggs are available online, and do not take much more than three weeks to hatch
  • relatively small
  • no huge care requirements
  • not super aggressive
  • easy to care for

It's a little confusing, but thanks in advance for your help!

Look into Nothos and Rachoviia. May have those spelled wrong. May even be the same fish... :lol:

Do Mummichogs! :hyper: :good:
They're nearly indestructible. They can be freshwater, brackish, or saltwater.

Hmmmm, you just asked a question i needed an answer for :lol:

You keep killi's Crossfire?

Hmmmm, you just asked a question i needed an answer for :lol:

You keep killi's Crossfire?

Not personally, but I've had expieriance in keeping Mummichogs :good:

Will definitely look into that, thanks. Shame the name makes me want to giggle every time i say it out loud :good:

It's technically a common killifish, but the common name for it is Mummichog, native american for "they go in great numbers"

Look into Nothos and Rachoviia. May have those spelled wrong. May even be the same fish... :lol:

Yep same thing.

Look into Fundulopanchax gardneri. There are many different locations on those see if you can find N'sukka. Eggs are usally available on AB and they are very hardy and all.

Best of luck on your project! :)

Most reactions

Back