Killifish Care

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishy friend2

I Love Betta Fish!!!! They Are My Favorite Fish
Reaction score
hi i would like to know about killifish as i really want to start keeping them as ive heard that they are easy to care for inexpensive and dont need a big tank so can someone help me with killifish. care, size of tank, temp, breeding, where to get some, etc

Hi,

First of all, great to hear that you'd like to give killifish a go.

I'd first decide on which killifish you'd like to get. Killifish is found all over the world from different environments and care and requirements of each varies. So come from mountain springs where the water is cool, others from still waters! Some in soft water some hard.

Though your average killifish would live in a small tank, and if you get the conditions right most are very easy to breed too.

I'd suggest reading through some of the posts in this part of the forum a little bit, where you'll see lots of great information and photos of fish which not only will inform you but will probably inspire you as well.

Once you narrowed down your selection, people would be more than happy to give you tips.

Check what is available in your area first. Luckly Killifish can safely travel in the post either as fish or eggs.

Cheers,

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back