Khulis And Undergravel Filtration?

lilacamy931

Starting again
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
3,475
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Bournemouth, UK
Hello all

Got a gorgeous 18" cube tank that will set up soon, it came with a undergravel filter which I know needs gravel. I have khulis to transfer into there currently in sand. I know they prefer sand (though mine never burrow). Is there a type of gravel I can use on kuhlis that would work with this type of filtration? If the answer is no, that is fine as prepared to go get an internal/external just wondering if to try this or not. Thanks for any tips x
 
Nope and gravel erodes there barbels. Some people do keep them with an undergravel filter but imo it is cruel due to the erosion of their barbels issue, also people that do often never see their khulis again as they make their home in the UGF.
 
Great! Just the answer I needed :) Will invest in a better filter for them and try to get the circulation going well around the four compartments soon to be set up. Thanks very much Saltynay, simple question but was not sure.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top