FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
3x Fish of the Month 🌟
4x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Been working on my little 29g this week, turning it from a Cichlid grow out tank to a little forest sanctuary🌳 for my juvenile Keyholes.
20230327_190351.jpg

Not everything as gone to my ordinary plan for the scape and ive still got plants due in the next few days to plant. I was debating if i was going to restart it but it is growing on me and once the plants grow in i think it will look pretty good🙂
20230327_191136.jpg

I tried a frosted background this time round but i didnt like it so i revert back to black⚫
20230327_190821.jpg
20230327_190809.jpg
20230326_192223.jpg

Might add a small school of tetra/rasbora or some cories/woodcats @Wills 😉 in a few weeks

Been working on my little 29g this week, turning it from a Cichlid grow out tank to a little forest sanctuary🌳 for my juvenile Keyholes.View attachment 314522
Not everything as gone to my ordinary plan for the scape and ive still got plants due in the next few days to plant. I was debating if i was going to restart it but it is growing on me and once the plants grow in i think it will look pretty good🙂
View attachment 314523
I tried a frosted background this time round but i didnt like it so i revert back to black⚫View attachment 314524View attachment 314526View attachment 314527
Might add a small school of tetra/rasbora or some cories/woodcats @Wills 😉 in a few weeks
ITS STUNNING!!
How do you always manage to make amazing tank set ups?? You have the touch I guess 😅

That's an unconventional growout, but a very interesting conception. Nice tank.

ITS STUNNING!!
How do you always manage to make amazing tank set ups?? You have the touch I guess 😅
Thanks Rocky 🙂 i wasnt sure about it at first tbh as there was meant to be a land section with the sand acting as a dried out river bed wrapping around it but couriers let me down last minute with some of the substrate. Its growing on me tho🙂

That's an unconventional growout, but a very interesting conception. Nice tank.
Thank you🙂 it wasnt like this for the growout, just bare bottom with some rock and head cover
Never would of caught them with the trees in the way lol🤣

What a creative idea!
As a side note, something caught my attention on the left side (outside) of the tank. It looks like the splash mat is buckled up and it also looks like there is a gap at the center of the tank. It might just be an illusion. If not an illusion, a glass crack could result from the stress. Just thought I'd mention it. Anyway, you have a very nice aquarium!

What a creative idea!
As a side note, something caught my attention on the left side (outside) of the tank. It looks like the splash mat is buckled up and it also looks like there is a gap at the center of the tank. It might just be an illusion. If not an illusion, a glass crack could result from the stress. Just thought I'd mention it. Anyway, you have a very nice aquarium!
Thank you @Archerfish 🙂

The mats from my 22 long what was on the stand before my 29g, i just need to cut it down the sides with a stanley blade. No gap down the middle🙂 appreciate the check tho thank you👍

Looks amazing! It's going to grow in really nicely too - whats the plant in the back corner is it a Sword or a Crypt? It will look really good as the wood darkens over time too - have you thought about adding some moss to them?

Wills

Looks amazing! It's going to grow in really nicely too - whats the plant in the back corner is it a Sword or a Crypt? It will look really good as the wood darkens over time too - have you thought about adding some moss to them?

Wills
Thanks Wills, yes moss is on the agenda at some point. Not 100% sure on the light im using yet, ive got 2 more waiting in the wings if i dont like how the plants are coming along tho. Its the Sagittaria i worry about the most as ive not had much luck with that in the past.

The plants in the back corner are Anubias lanceolata🌿

20230401_170450.jpg
Added some more plants this week. Cryptocoryne Balansae, Beckettii, Lucens,Wendtii more Sagittaria Subulata and Anubias heterophylla🌿
20230401_170605.jpg

Also decided to move over my small group of Pentazona barbs 🐯. They have a lovely temperament what will suit the keyholes and will look the part in a forest setting🙂

Been working on my little 29g this week, turning it from a Cichlid grow out tank to a little forest sanctuary🌳 for my juvenile Keyholes.View attachment 314522
View attachment 314523
I tried a frosted background this time round but i didnt like it so i revert back to black⚫View attachment 314524View attachment 314526View attachment 314527
nice, love the mangrove type look! i think cories woudl love the sand here. looks very fine

nice, love the mangrove type look! i think cories woudl love the sand here. looks very fine
Thank you 🙂

Yes i think your right, i may add a group of cories once the plants have rooted in. I have a small group of Panda's in my 180 what i might add too and bring across🙂

Been thinking kuhli loaches might look cool tho and carry on the forest theme. They will looking like snakes in the grass 🐍🤣

Thank you 🙂

Yes i think your right, i may add a group of cories once the plants have rooted in. I have a small group of Panda's in my 180 what i might add too and bring across🙂

Been thinking kuhli loaches might look cool tho and carry on the forest theme. They will looking like snakes in the grass 🐍🤣
cool! pandas and snakes in a forest lol
can they go together?

Most reactions

Back