Keyhole Cichlids

Waterloo Kid

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking at geting 4 keyholes for my community tank. I've read up on them but was wondering if any of you people out there in cyberspace have any snippets of info that you would care to pass on. I've seen conflicting info about how large they get, ranging from 7cm to 13cm. Could someone clear that up? Also, will my rams get annoyed with these new tank-mates or just leave them alone?

Ta,

WK

I have two keyholes that I got as baby's. They are the quietest fish I have ever seen. Mine I believe are full grown and they are about 3 inches. I have 3 bolivian rams as well and one blue ram and they hang out together all the time. I have had them for almost a year and havn't seen them fight ever. They are lovely fish with wonderful personalitlies. I feed mine out of my hand all the time, they'll actually sit in my hand and eat.

Hope that helps a little,

Angela

hi

I've got a couple of keyholes that live in a tank with my growing on guppies - some of these are still quite small and the keyholes never bother them. They used to tease my tiny cories when I first put them in the tank but leave them alone now.

The only thing is that they are pretty greedy over the food so have to make sure that I feed in several areas of the tank or the keyholes grab the lot.

My keyholes are about 2 inches long but aren't fully grown yet - have heard that they grow to approx 4 inches :)

Most reactions

Back