Keeping water temperature down

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dmaccy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
With the recent warm weather in the UK my aquarium water has reached high temperatures. It normally sits at 24-25°C. Today is reached 29°C. Has anyone got any good ideas to keep the temp down? I am thinking about water changes? But has anyone got any other tips?

just leave it alone. the fish will be fine at 30C for a week or two and chances are it won't last that long.

increase aeration/ surface turbulence to maximise the oxygen in the water.

either turn the tank light off during the day so there is less heat hitting the water, or raise the light unit up a few inches so less heat warms the water.

if you are really concerned, buy a room air conditioner and cool the room down

"if you are really concerned, buy a room air conditioner and cool the room down"

Where I live, air conditioning is an absolute necessity during the summertime...and even WITH AC, it gets so hot here that my tanks sometimes still get up to 78F, or so....

Heatwaves in the UK rarely last more than a few days. The current one would probably be over by the time you took delivery of an AC unit.

Currently 88F and 67% humidity outdoors at my house...and it's only 10:20 AM, highest heat of the day around 2 or 3 PM
Yesterday, got up to 95F, and 75% humidity...yard work was not fun

You could always try wetting the outside and blowing a fan on it. Or do that to yourself too?
If you're replying to me, no worries, as soon as you step outside, you're drenched in sweat, lol...gotta love summertime in SE Texas

It gets very hot here even for humans like me (no im not a monke) so we have to lower the temp to 78. The tank stays at a stable 79 at noon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back